We focus intensely on safety at all levels. All horseback riding lessons are based in Natural Horsemanship. All students are required to wear helmets.
Horseback riding Lessons are $45
Students groom and tack the horse they will be riding. We start with the classical riding position, developing a good seat and leg. Students work on the lunge line to develop a feel for the movement and a safe seat. Next, comes ring work to develop quiet hands and light giving contact.
Students learn the Natural Horsemanship 7 games to achieve a partnership with horses based on trust, confidence, and communication. They will also learn about horses emotional issues. This knowledge will enhance the student’s horsemanship skills throughout their life.
Beginner riding lessons
- The proper way to approach a stabled horse.
- How to groom and tack up, including picking up and cleaning hooves.
- Haltering and un-haltering.
- The correct way to lead a horse.
- Mounting and dismounting techniques.
- Riding a figure 8.
- Learning to sit in a balanced position.
- Trotting in a balanced position.
Intermediate Beginner riding lessons
- Riding a serpentine.
- Posting on the correct diagonal.
- Cantering on the correct lead.
- Riding safely on the trail.
- Walk and trot without stirrups.
- Bending and counter bending.
- Beginning jumping.
- Simple lead changes
Advanced Beginner riding lessons
- Turning on the forehand.
- Turning on the haunches.
- Lateral movement.
- Extended and collected movement.
- Riding a two-foot course of fences.
- Flying lead changes.
- Intermediate and advanced riding lessons:
- At these levels, students work on classical dressage, jumping, and advanced trail riding.